Government agencies, like any other business, are required to comply with new Covid-19 regulations to ensure the safety of their employees and visitors. TIMIFY—an online appointment and resource management system—makes it easy to prevent crowded waiting rooms, follow social distancing guidelines and provide contact tracing. Even if safety regulations are relaxed, users will greatly benefit from TIMIFY‘s convenience and ease of use.
The coronavirus pandemic provides government agencies with the necessary justification for implementing new digitised services. Most importantly, these services ensure the public’s safety. While government agencies are increasingly using e-government solutions, TIMIFY offers both: improved digital services for users while ensuring their safety and wellbeing.
What are the advantages of online scheduling?
Since many government services require citizens to appear in person, it is necessary to comply with specific safety regulations. The flow of visitors must be controlled and limited in many offices.
Allowing visitors to schedule appointments online in advance allows offices and agencies to provide public services in an accessible and efficient manner.
Online appointment management offers significant advantages to both managers and office staff as well as citizens.
The main advantages of online scheduling:
- Control of visitor traffic
- Smaller waiting room crowds
- More predictable office schedules
- Ability to adjust for staff shortages
- Improved working environment
- Higher employee capacity
- Increased employee and citizen satisfaction
How does TIMIFY improve digital government services?
- Offer online booking: Give visitors the opportunity to search for their desired appointment date and to book it directly online at any time, across all of your communication channels.
- Create separate booking links: Let citizens book appointments directly with a particular department or their assigned clerk by providing specific booking options.
- Customise booking fields: Choose what information to collect on the booking form to ensure all necessary items (e.g. documents, etc.) are included.
- Provide contact tracing: With the online booking system, you have a record of who was in the office together at specific times, as well as the relevant contact information, should it be required regarding a Covid-19 infection.
- Ensure accessibility: Ensure that all visitors can easily access government services. When booking appointments, visitors can note any restrictions so that appropriate measures can be provided.
- Send reminders: Send reminder emails to prevent no-show appointments. You can also offer visitors the opportunity to reschedule an appointment. If they cancel, the time slot becomes available for someone else to book.
- Schedule buffer times: Add buffer times on specific dates to schedule time for preparation and postprocessing. In times of Covid-19, the function can also be used to carry out cleaning measures between appointments.
- Set different appointment lengths: Define different lengths for different appointments. This is automatically entered in the calendar as soon as a service is booked.
- Organise group events: Manage online bookings for group events of any size (e.g. town meetings) using custom booking forms and reminders to ensure that attendees follow guidelines.
How are governments using TIMIFY?
TIMIFY can be adapted for various needs and situations. In addition to offices such as town halls, civil registry offices or community centres, TIMIFY is used in libraries, museums, public swimming pools and even recycling centres. The software can also be used to organise school events, public activities or everyday leisure and educational programmes. No matter where, TIMIFY offers complete control over visitor management while ensuring infection chains remain traceable.
COMING SOON: New “Queuing App” from TIMIFY combines digital with traditional
TIMIFY is committed to driving technical innovation, helping governments provide advanced solutions to the public sector. We are currently working hard on a new “Queuing App“, which will allow online bookings to co-exist alongside traditional queuing methods, such as drawing a number upon arrival.
With the Queuing App, citizens who arrive without an appointment have the option of either drawing a traditional number or scanning a QR code with their mobile device. When the QR code is scanned, a virtual number is drawn, so that citizens receive all further information directly on their mobile devices. In this way, the expected waiting time is displayed and notifications are sent before it is their turn. This allows them to repurpose their waiting time for other errands, if convenient. As a result, visitors are happier and there is less traffic in waiting rooms.
A look to the future
The current circumstances due to Covid-19 make integrating the above measures a necessity. With TIMIFY you can ensure that citizens and offices are protected by secure digital services in a centralised environment, even in difficult situations. After the crisis is over, these functions will continue to provide better office management and increase visitor satisfaction.
If you would like to learn more about TIMIFY and the “Queuing App” or if you have special requirements, book a free, non-binding demonstration with one of our consultants. Our team will be happy to advise you on individual solutions for your office.